Wednesday, December 20, 2006

getting ready for spring


"So we should start our garden soon," she says.

"What? Winter is just beginning," says he.

"Winter? There is no winter. Look outside, the grass is green. Squirrels are still running around our backyard. I'm sure the trees will be budding soon."

"Stupid climate change."

"That's okay. I bought you a composter." She says this as if composting is the most exciting thing you can do next to hang-gliding off the Peace Tower. "You can put in in the backyard. I'll fill it with my coffee grinds and grapefruit rinds. And then what fun we will have this spring with our lush compost dirt."

And so here he is, on December 20, putting a composter in the backyard. Just in time for the first day of spring.

1 comment:

  1. A composter is a great gift Anita. Maybe I could install one on my highrise balcony. Might start a trend in my building. Or perhaps get me evicted. Hope you two have a super Christmas.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete