Saturday, June 04, 2011

To sleep, perchance to dream

For as long as I can remember, I’ve always had vivid dreams – so much so that some days I will carry with me the emotion of a dream throughout the day. I’ve also been known to walk and talk in my sleep. Other times I’ll ask V a question which makes absolute sense to me in my half-awake state, but is utter nonsense to him. Usually I’ll fall back asleep while he is asking questions to try and make heads or tails out of what I’ve just said.

Today was a good day. Lots of playtime with my daughter, a visit with a friend, a much-needed mid-day nap, a family stroll, drinks in our back yard... but there is no particular aspect I can think to blog about. So I thought instead I’d write about a couple of odd dreams from last night – and this is mostly because I’m just plain stumped on what to blog about – not because I actually think these dreams are in anyway profound/significant etc. They are just odd, a bit like me.

For example, in one dream last night I was V’s 2nd wife and his very jealous 1st wife (by which I mean this was a polygamous marriage, not a second marriage following a divorce) came to visit. She had read rumours on the internet that I was frequenting a club call Temple 1239. I told her I had never been there and since hearing of the rumours made sure to go nowhere near it. I invited her to go with me and ask the staff if I was familiar to them. She then accused me of having a child by another man and produced a photo of me with a small red-haired boy. I asked how I could possibly have a red-haired child. The end. No sense what-so-ever.

In other dream, we were visiting my mother who had a large house with white carpeted stairs. Because she had a dog she’d put up gates around the stairs to keep the dog in certain areas – but the gates and the dog were only about 4 inches high. Why??

Time for bed and the world of strange dreams... Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:07 AM

    Maybe the red-haired child dream reflects a desire to become Governor of California?

    Kate

    ReplyDelete