Thursday, August 04, 2011

100 Random Questions (iii)

14. What do you think of this quiz?
I am grateful for not having to come up with blog ideas for a few days!

15. What is the last film you saw?
The Social Network.

16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I don’t know if I could pick a place to live permanently and am pretty happy with Ottawa as a home base, but I would like to live in a few other places at least for awhile. Top choices are: India, Nepal, Switzerland, Sweden, Croatia, Reunion, Ghana, Senegal...

17. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
I would love to be able to buy a hospital or a school for a community in desperate need. But aware that good intentions don’t necessarily produce good results, I would probably research into a local, community-led development organization I would like support, invest my money in them and perhaps take a role on the board of directors.

I would also like to buy a lovely little townhouse for my mother and hire someone to fix all our nagging home reno projects...

18. Tell me something about you that most people don't know.
Most people do not know that I have very slight dyslexia and when tired mix up letters like b, d and p.

19. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
I suppose saying ‘ending human suffering’ would be a bit too facile. What about reversing climate change? Providing adequate clean water to everyone? Stopping the spread of AIDS and diseases like malaria? Ending child mortality? Feeding the hungry? Housing the poor??

But of course coming up with a practical response to any of these problems is not as simple as wishing them away. So it’s unlikely I could find some sort of change that would end suffering from hunger, poverty and disease. But I’d like to think that in my lifetime I’ll contribute in some way to making things better...

20. Do you like to dance?
What an odd sequence of questions – but yes, I love to dance and should do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment