Saturday, August 06, 2011

100 Random Questions (v)

31. What was the last thing you bought?
A sandwich and a bottle of water from the Tim’s in Smith’s Falls.

32. Have you ever ridden on a motorbike?
Yes. Once, I was with my friend Jenny en route to Timbuktu by local bus. We’d asked the driver to let us know when we reached the town of Sevaré since we going to be spending the night there before continuing on. The driver called out that this was our stop so we grabbed our stuff and hopped off the bus. It was just starting to pull away when I realized I’d left my camera on board. I took off running down the street after it.

A young man on a motorbike asked Jenny what had happened and she quickly told him. He pulled up and said ‘hop on’. I did, in the process badly scalding my left calf on the exhaust pipe. He had a big backpack on his back, which I held on to as we sped off after the bus. We caught up with the bus when it stopped to let off more passengers. I climbed on and recovered my camera. Later I discovered a large burn blister on my leg.

33. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
Bungee jumping is not something I would choose to do, but I’m not ruling it out. Sky diving I am slightly more open too, but don’t think it’s something I would seek out. Not too fond of heights.

34. Do you have a garden?
We have a small vegetable garden that V had done quite well with. For dinner tonight we had fresh cucumber and zucchini from our garden – along with other fresh local vegetables from the farmer’s market. Unfortunately the local squirrels are big fans of our few veggies and often get to them first.

35. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
Of the first verse in the English version, yes.

36. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
If I’m woken by my daughter before 7:00 a.m., my first is whether we can get her back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment