Saturday, August 13, 2011

100 Random Questions (x)

79. Where would you retire to?
It’s hard to answer this question since a) I plan to never really retire since I’ll continue to write as long as I have ideas in my head and b) it’s very hard to predict where life will take me.

80. What kind of car do you drive?
We drive an aging, rapidly deteriorating Honda CRV.

81. What are your best physical features?
I’m particularly fond of the arch of my left foot.

82. What are your best characteristics?
V says my compassion for humanity.

83. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go?
I’ve been thinking lately about contacting my friend who lives near Barcelona and asking if she could find a little place that we could rent for a few weeks next summer. I’m not too big on tourist destinations, so love the idea of finding a little place somewhere different and interesting where we can relax and explore. Renting a place in France, Switzerland, Cuba, Thailand... also quite enticing.

84. What kind of books do you like to read?
I like to have a mix on the go at all times – something fiction, some autobiographies/biographies/letters, something French, something non-fiction and educational. Ramping up my CanLit reading lately too.

85. Where would you want to retire to?
Obviously whoever wrote these questions did not have someone like V as an attentive proof-reader.

86. What is your favorite time of the day?
I like coming home to Miya at the end of day, especially on days when I come back at 4:00 and can take her to the park or on errands with me. I also like reading stories with her before bedtime.

87. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Nepal and moved to the prairies when I was 12.

88. How far away from your birthplace do you live now?
I was born in Vancouver – so about 3538 km.

89. What are you reading now?
I am reading Dance on the Earth by Margaret Laurence, Iris and Friends by John Bayley, Select Letters of Margaret Laurence and Adele Wiseman and La force de l’age by Simone de Beauvoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment