Sunday, August 14, 2011

100 Random Questions (xi)

90. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Honestly, it feels like since having a kid I am forever sleep deprived, so I am neither one nor the other. But that said, I’m most productive in the morning (especially if I’ve had a good night’s sleep) but peter out during the day and have learned that I can’t do important or creative writing in the evening.

91. Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
I’m very proud to say that yes, I can.

92. Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows?
I would look in the mirror to check, but my eyes are closed.

93. Do you have pets?
We have two cats that we got in 2006. They were exclusively indoor cats until about two weeks ago and they are now loving the freedom of being outdoor cats – especially our gib (neutered tomcat) who likes to spend his nights outdoors and his days passed out on his back on our bed, sleeping off his untold escapades.

94. How many rings before you answer the phone?
Depends on how close I am to the phone and if I can find it. If it’s my cell, I often forget to have the ringer on.

95. What are some of the different jobs that you have had in your life?
One of my first business ventures was when I was about 12 years-old when we were living in Nepal and I was put in touch with a man who made peanut-butter and needed a distributor to the expat community. I became this distributor, taking orders from expats across Nepal for crunchy or smooth and shipping out pb. I had stacks of oily plastic jars of pb in my bedroom. Smelled very nutty.

Since that promising start, I have gone on to such illustrious jobs as chicken pickin’, carrot cutting, baby sitting, lawn mowing, garbage hauling, camp counselling, canoe instructing, wine serving, cabbage hoeing, pea picking... I have worked for the Canadian Armed Forces, Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, Canadian Crossroads for International Development, Canadian Conference of the Arts, Residence of the British High Commissioner, Domus restaurant, Voluntary Services Overseas, Statistics Canada, Starbucks...

No comments:

Post a Comment