Thursday, August 25, 2011

Responding to blog suggestions 17-19

#19: Blog about your monthly blogging gifts to date
Thus far, V has given me the following things for each month I of sticking to my blogging challenge:
Jan – an iPod touch (previously used, but new to me – and much enjoyed).
Feb – gift certificate for the lovely Nordik spa in Chelsea, Quebec (sadly I have yet to use it).
Mar – Mumford & Sons album ‘Sigh no More’ (I’d never heard of these guys before, but am now a fan).
Apr – Little Princes by Connor Grennan (read and commented on in previous blogs).
May – The Wilder Life: My Adventures in the Lost World of the Little House on the Prairie by Wendy McClure (not yet read).
Jun – Donation to Canadian Red Cross for famine relief in Somalia (much appreciated).
July – Moleskin notebook (V was originally going to carve out the middle of the notebook and make a sort of iPod holder, but I convinced him to just let me have the notebook as is. I am sucker for little notebooks, especially moleskin ones).

#18: Blog about what you imagine occurs at a weekend long stag party in Montreal attended by geeks.
Since I know the geeks involved in this ‘weekend long stag party’ this is what I think will happen:
a) a lot of drinking – whiskey, wine, champagne…
b) some eating of smoked-meat
d) such things as geeks enjoy such board games and discussing interwebby stuff
d) an evening watching women dance, prance, sing and perform (and if I’m jealous it’s not because V is watching other women dance, but rather that I think it would be very cool to see a real burlesque show)

But since we don’t need to be in Montreal to have some Burlesque fun of our own…

17) Blog about the perfect cocktails to serve at a Burlesque-themed house party.
How about the Orange Striptease with 1 oz brandy, 1 oz tequila, 4 oz ginger ale and 1 ½ oz orange juice?
Or the Pink Stripper with 2 oz vodka, 2 oz cranberry juice and 4 oz pink lemonade?
Or the Black Feather recipe of 2 oz brandy, 1 oz dry vermouth, ½ oz Cointreau and a dash of Angostura bitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment